St. Christopher’s Cathedral Manama, Bahrain
- At least one partner must be a baptized Christian. Please note that the church is not allowed to perform a marriage ceremony in which one of the partners is Muslim.
- Both partners are required to provide original legal documentation of eligibility to marry.
- Both partners are also required to provide copies of their passport details and residence permits and/or visas. In certain circumstances birth certificates may be required.
- An affidavit from the appropriate embassy, or a decree absolute inidicating that neither partner is currently married is necessary. This documentation must have been issued within three months of the proposed wedding date.
- There will be at least one preparation interview with one of our priests before the wedding. The couple should plan for a minimum of a week between the preparation interview and the wedding day as they plan for the wedding ceremony.
- There will be no discussion of a date for the wedding until after this interview.
- Weddings will take place at times mutually convenient to the couple and the church.
- The ceremony will be held in the Cathedral Church. No weddings will take place outdoors.
- The couple should provide two adult witnesses. If this is not possible, the church can arrange for witnesses for a fee of BD10 each.
- No more than one video operator and one photographer may record the ceremony.
- The church reserves the right to charge extra if the ceremony is delayed by the wedding party. Part of the fee paid to the church includes a deposit for this purpose. If the wedding proceeds on time as planned the deposit will be returned when the couple collects the marriage documents after registration/certification
After the Wedding Ceremony
- Once the marriage certificate is signed, the church will register the marriage at the Ministry of Justice and then get the registration attested at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs office. (The fee for registration with the Bahraini government is BD 55 and is included in the amount paid to the office administrator).
- It is ESSENTIAL that after receiving the registration paperwork from the church the couple should secure attestation of the documents from their respective embassies as well.
The BD400 fee is a contribution to church funds, set by the Church Council. It is payable to the church administrator after the preparation session.
If you wish to be married at St Christopher’s please fill the below form and submit it. One of our staff will get in touch with you to schedule the initial interview.
If you have any queries or questions regarding you application for marriage please call +973 1725386 during office hours (8.30am to 12.30pm, Sunday to Thursday)
Fields marked with an * are required